Sunday, April 27, 2008

Winter 2008 Quilting.


This is my first quilting project! It was an old quilt top pieced by my Aunt ages ago. She didn't know what to do with it so I seized the opportunity! When I was up visiting last week I got the batting and backing fabric and am now in the process of hand quilting the entire thing! One 5mm stitch at a time!

The quilt is more of a small single bed size currently and I think it'll be perfect for the couch or the base of the bed to keep our feet warm this winter.

I'm going to try and get a better photo of it next time as the colours are quite vibrant. Lots of great oranges and purples. Being all checks and I'm thinking of keeping the edging very plain when it's complete.

Has anybody worked on anything similar? How did you find quilting it all by hand?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful! I love your blog! Looking forward to your return.