Friday, September 29, 2006

Quest for the perfect tea cosy.



If you had to list the criteria for the perfect tea cosy what would be included?

Here is a pattern from Spin.Off magaizne, to help get your creative thoughts flowing. The yellow one above is from Hindolbittern's photos and the Christmas pudding is from Plum Pudding's photostream.

Please help us with our quest by leaving your recommendations, links, patterns etc in the comments section...
must have an exposed handle for easy pouring,
must include a pom-pom...
oh, there's so much to consider... and I do love a list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the whole food symbolism. That plum pudding rocks.... what about a pineapple?

Anonymous said...

I like a tight fit on my tea cosy.

Anonymous said...

I like this pattern here, plus it's easy. Always a bonus. http://www.knitlist.com/98gift/anotherteacosy.htm

Miss Woolly said...

Thanks for your comments:) I found this one too http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/teacosies/cable-teacosy.htm
It's very pretty. Check out the flowers on top. The original pattern is from 1946!