Sunday, November 16, 2008

Do Dadds.




I was very lucky to recently inherit my Grandmothers collection of.. well, do dadds. Or thing-a-magigs..

But what a collection! This special box contains a good 30 odd years of little handmade dolls and the like from functions my Grandmother must have attended. I'm not sure why they were given but she always came home with this little creations. I think they were made with the place settings?? Whoever the hostess with the mostest was I shall never know.

I very narrowly nearly lost this precious box to my 8 year old cousin. But at the last moment I think it was deemed she had too many toys and Bingo! They're Mine!!

I'm just not quite sure what to do with them as I love them all so much. Suggestions anyone?


P.S. How great is the Santa!!

3 comments:

Becksini said...

If they aren't breakable you could put them in a thick display frame and every now and again shake the frame so you see different ones at the front.

Or if they are fragile mount them like butterflies in a frame!!

what a lovely collection

Amy Prior said...

I had a very similar experience with a very similar box recently. Its like a time capsule isn't it?! Probably not opened for years and years. Both my Grandmother and my step Grandma had these boxes for their private things. I took really good photos of the things both in the boxes and out of the boxes. They make really nice images in a frame.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should stage your own version of Hamlet. YOu could have a casting call, auditions, hire a stage manager. It could even be an evening dinner event where you invite some friends over to see the performance, (probably really only a scene, actual thespian doll play is potentially hazardous to your health...or so I'm told. We don't want to get in between actor/doll squabbles. Better to leave them inanimate)

Ray
(From Quirk Packaging)