Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Royal Melbourne Show

Eliza and I took a trip to The Royal Melbourne Show on Friday afternoon. It's years since I've been to the show and as soon as I stepped off the train, I remembered why.

My faith was restored once we entered the Arts & Craft Pavillion! Eliza had won 3rd Prize for two of her needlepoint entries...unfortunately we only have one to show you here (please note the Bon Jovi x-stitch directly above. He was definitly one of our highlights).

Lovely Lace.



Look at this delightful fellow who proudly displayed a first prize certificate.

One little 7 year old boy won first prize in the Sponge Cake and Zucchini Cake categories. How impressive is that (imagine how proud his grandmother must be)! And now for...the Christmas cake winners.




Then is was back out into the maddening crowds to tackle the Show Bag Pavillion. There were prams and people, ten deep. It was quite overwhelming indeed.