Thursday, July 27, 2006

ke # 4



Here is my 4th experiment. This time I though I'd try a 'tog' stitch. For some reason I had the idea 'tog' had something to do with Scandinavian cable knits ... but I was completely wrong. It's simply means knit 2 or 3 stitches together. I tried it in the Ridge Stitch which is on the right hand side and I've attached the pattern below.
The elongated stitch is so easy and quick. I love it. I also made this little neck warmer with cute vintage buckle.


Ridge Stitch:
Horizontal ridges stand out in relief against stocking stitch.
Row lengths need to be multiples of 2 sts.
Row 1: knit
Row 2: *K2 tog all across the row*
Row 3: K into front and back of each stitch
Row 4: purl
(Repeat rows 1 -4 until desired length is reached)

Elongated Stitch:
I made a simple elongated stitch by wrapping the yarn around the needle 3 times, then dropping the extra loops on the next row. I used this technique for an entire row, however you can also use it to make lace patterns.

There is a great video on knittinghelp.com that shows you the exact way to do it. I promise it’s easy and a very fast way to knit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Miss Woolly! You're a very crafty lady! What are you knitting now?

Miss Woolly said...

I'm not too sure yet but something with colour would be good. i'll check out the pattern books over the weekend.